There are many reasons to make the choice to plan a stay at the Blue Swallow Motel. The Blue Swallow is one of the most historic and unique motels on Route 66, or anywhere in the USA. While the building itself is special, a stay the Blue Swallow is a unique experience that will be a highlight of your Route 66 trip. You will feel like you have stepped back to a simpler time while you relax under the warm glow of the neon lights.
Historic, yes, but is it comfortable?
Just because you choose to stay at a historic motel doesn’t mean you need to compromise on comfort. We have gone to great lengths to make sure you enjoy our historic environment, and find comforts that exceed those found at almost any other motel or large chain. But don’t just take our word for it! Travelers have made the Blue Swallow their “home away from home” for nearly seventy-five years, and many have shared their experiences on the internet. You can read what recent travelers have said from review sites such as on Google, YELP, and TripAdvisor. The Blue Swallow Motel has been awarded by TripAdvisor with “Traveler’s Choice” awards, ranking the motel among the best in the United States and the world, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016. It is the enthusiastic support of our guests, visitors, friends, family, and fans, and their willingness to share it with the world, that make these awards possible.
Some of the creature-comfort upgrades you will find include:
- Premium mattresses, supremely comfortable
- Wonderfully-smooth 600 thread count sheets
- Large, plush, spa-like towels
- Desert Breeze organic shampoo, lotion, and soaps
The Blue Swallow Motel offers:
- Vintage motel rooms, each decorated in period style of the 1940’s-1950’s – View room photos
- All rooms are non-smoking.
- Each room has a 32″ digital flat-panel television (definitely NOT vintage!).
- Free wireless internet
- Centrally-located Guest Services Room which includes: ice machine, guest laundry, refrigerator/freezer. microwave
- Blow dryers, iron and ironing board available at front desk
- 100% Refrigerated Air
- Historic, original garages next to many rooms, perfect for motorcycles and vintage cars
- Garages equipped with electrical outlets for overnight charging of electric vehicles
- Gift shop featuring unique items and special Blue Swallow souvenirs in the lobby
- Flexible pricing – Contact us for groups, special situations, and events
- The Blue Swallow signature flower arrangement – A bouquet waiting in your room!
- Parking for trucks, buses, trailers, and cars
- Amazing New Mexico sunsets and sunrises
- A great place to stay while you explore historic Tucumcari
- Neighbors from around the world
- Sorry, no pets.